Our Family Law Mediators are passionate about mediation, because it gives the power back to you
At JP Family Law, our family law mediators aren’t here to decide what you need to do and what outcome works best for you. We just want to guide you to work together to formulate your own outcomes, and own future.
The best part of mediation is that, even in the worst-case scenario, you will learn so much about the ‘why’ behind the issue. Even if you walk away without a final resolution, just knowing more about why the other person doesn’t agree with you gives you so much more power and capacity moving forward to work toward that better outcome you are seeking.
At JP Family Law & Mediation, our Brisbane-based family law mediators do everything in our power to give you the power to create your own future. Sometimes, this means bringing you and the other person together for mediation, or family dispute resolution. If you are interested in family law mediators contact us today or book a consultation.
Our family mediation process is streamlined to ensure it is as simple and as comfortable for you and the other person as possible.
When you feel that you are well informed of your rights and responsibilities – maybe you already have parenting orders in place, or you have had some legal advice around what might be a reasonable financial settlement – it can often be empowering, efficient and effective to enter into family mediation.
Family Mediation, or family dispute resolution, gives you a forum in which you can share with the other person not just your ideas on how your separated family can move forward, but the why behind those ideas. The ‘why’ is often the missing piece of the puzzle, and you would be amazed at how many people can overcome seemingly insurmountable obstacles when they finally understand the reasoning behind the other person’s wants and needs.
At JP Family Law & Mediation, our Brisbane-based family law mediators will:
- Confirm you both agree to mediate, inviting the other person and encouraging them to participate.
- Send you both information, including a video, on how the process will work, and what to expect.
- Complete individual appointments with you to talk you through the process as well as get to know you and your circumstances.
- Work through the session with you at a time that suits, via video conference for your convenience, and with your lawyers if you want as well.
- We will check in after the session, because we genuinely care about getting you results.