Separation and divorce are tough
The breakdown of a relationship is emotional. First and foremost. It is practical and logistical. Where do you live? What ‘stuff’ do you need? It can be financial. What do you do if you don’t have access to money? What about the kids?
Your unique circumstances can be due to how the breakdown occurred, including the impacts of domestic violence, addiction, and unmanaged mental health factors, or it can have significant social and/or cultural impacts on a person and their family.
Sometimes clients come to us having worked together to resolve their issues and needing the ‘documents’ completed.
Others may come to us with no idea where to start.
Our separation and divorce solicitors work with clients who have planned and instigated the separation. We work with clients who have been entirely blindsided by the breakdown.
We work with people who are able to focus readily on the objective outcome, and others who are understandably still facing the overwhelm of emotions and grief.
The important thing is that all our separation and divorce clients have one thing in common: they want a resolution.
Our clients are done with fighting. They are ready to work smarter, and engage strategy and compassion to resolve their issues with the least harm possible. Everyone deserves the opportunity. Contact us today for more information.
Our Brisbane-based divorce and separation lawyers offer a range of legal services to support you through your separation, including:
- Advice on parenting arrangements and orders.
- Assisting with financial and property settlements.
- Drafting documents by agreement including:
- Consent orders.
- Financial Agreements (Prenuptial, cohabitation and post separation)
- Binding Child Support Agreements.
- Providing independent legal advice around financial and binding child support agreements;
- Family Dispute Resolution (mediation) services;
- Applying for divorce; and
- Coaching around ongoing management of parenting arrangements or orders.
We offer fixed fees and work with Plenti who offer legal finance to those who don’t have funds available upfront for legal costs to seek a property settlement.
The important things we want you to know about our divorce solicitors are that:
- We are client-focused and will work with you to optimise your experience through a time and situation we know is already challenging.
- We are continually striving to improve our services to our clients, and find new and innovative ways to get our clients through the process and ‘out the other side’ more efficiently and effectively.
- We are open to feedback and questions at any time, and encourage this as it allows us to grow and better our services to you and our clients into the future.